SAT Tutor Terri K. of Prepped & Polished, LLC in South Natick, Massachusetts teaches you five tips and one bonus tip for sentence improvements on the SAT writing section
1. Read the entire sentence carefully.
2. Don’t waste time reading choice A carefully.
3. Do not read the choices on their own.
4. Aggressively identify common problem areas in the sentences.
5. Eliminate any answer choice that changes the meaning of the original sentence.
BONUS TIP: If you get into a jam, select the most concise answer.
Are you getting ready for the SAT? Which of Terri’s sentence improvement tips for SAT writing section did you find most helpful?
Post your tips/comments below.