On episode 200, Alexis Avila speaks with Yulia Rafailova who is founder of Mind Full Education, a company that helps parents and their kids tackle a variety of issues that stem from executive functioning deficits such as:
- Lack of engagement and motivation in academics/school.
- Disorganization, losing important items.
- Emotional overwhelm and anxiety.
- Poor time management, planning, and prioritizing tasks.
- Lack of study routine and skills.
- Communication, asking for help, and self-advocacy.
Yulia says that it’s better to use the word TAKE ACTION (vs. motivation). The word motivated puts a lot of pressure on you. But taking action will lead you to take more action and feel more motivated!
Remember, just because a student is unmotivated it doesn’t mean he is not capable. He might need help setting goals and doing a better job self-starting.
WATCH IT HERE!!
Listen Audio only!
What was your biggest takeaway from this podcast about How to Get Unmotivated Students to Take Action? Do you have any questions for Yulia Rafailova and Alexis Avila?
Post your comments below: