On episode 180, Alexis Avila talks to Catie Costello educational consultant at College Options, a Comprehensive College Consulting & Admissions firm in Sudbury, MA. Catie began her career representing Vanderbilt University, and then Kellogg School of Business at Northwestern University, as an Admissions Officer. She has 30 years of experience in a breadth of educational settings that include elementary, corporate, and higher education.
On today’s episode Catie talks about how to best identify and Access the Support Available to you in College, especially for students with learning challenges.
Catie’s tips on how to identify a college with good support services:
- Visit the college website to get info
- Look at staff levels for support services
- Ask about the role faculty play with support services
- Visit the campuses and schedule an additional appointment with support services, and come armed with questions
Catie’s tips on how to best take advantage of support available in college:
- Partner with support services team
- Partner with the faculty and professors for each of your classes
Catie’s tips for teens preparing for transition from teen to young adulthood:
Become familiar with your learning profile!
What was your biggest takeaway from this podcast about how to identify and access the support available to you in college? Do you have any questions for Catie Costello and Alexis Avila?
Post your comments below: